Dulce de Leche

I chanced upon this wonderful caramel-ish treat while surfing around and since it was so darn easy to make, I thought I'll try it.

Ingredients:1 can on condensed milk (I only use Milkmaid)

Method:
Punch a couple of holes on top of the can.
Put it into the slow cooker and fill up the cooker with hot water to about 3/4 the height of the can.
Cook on High for about 3-4 hours.

Note: 
  1. Other people have done it without poking holes on the tin. But they make sure the tin is FULLY submerged in water.
  2. I was too sleepy last night to wait the 4 hours (I started at 830pm). And so, after about 2h, I transferred the tin and boiling hot water into my thermal pot and left it over night.
Uses for this creamy caramel:
  1. I'll probably dilute it down a little and use it as a caramel dip for apples. Will have to see if the kiddos will eat them. Hopefully they'll think that it is like the Macdonald's ones. 
  2. As a frosting for cakes
  3. Spread on the bread.
This was how it looked when the can was opened, after sitting overnight in the thermal pot.

And I used it to coat strawberries this morning. Yums!

Comments