Banana Nut Bread


Banana bread and Corn Bread (Trader Joes Corn Bread Mix)


Tried my aunt's mean banana bread when I was last in the US and I thought I would like to try one as well. The original recipe is from Joy of Baking but I kinda tweaked it as I didn't have some ingredients at home. It's simple and it tastes great.

Ingredients:
1 cup pecans (lightly toasted on a pan for a couple of minutes and then chopped)
230g unbleached flour
150g brown sugar (original: white sugar)
11/4 tsp baking powder (original: 1tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp baking soda)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
113g unsalted butter, melted
3 large ripe bananas (about 450g), mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract


Method
Butter and flour the loaf pan (I used the 8x8 pan, original recipe calls for a 23x13x8cm loaf pan)
Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nuts)
Combine the wet ingredients (bananas, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract)
Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture with a rubber spatula.
Mix until just combined. Do not over mix. Batter should be thick and chunky.
Pour batter into pan.
Bake at 180C (350F) for about 55-60 minutes until bread is golden and the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.









Comments